Rules and regulations
Rules and regulations for Competitive section:
The films submitted will be viewed and evaluated by a jury appointed by the organizer.
International Competition for students:
Films directed by school/college students and produced between 1st Januray 2017 and 30th November 2018 will be considered for competition. The Festival absolves itself of any liability in case of dispute regarding the completion date of the entry.
- Golden Hornbill Award for the Best Short Documentary – Award carries a memento and a certificate.
- Golden Owl Award for the Best Short Fiction- Award carries a memento and a certificate.
International Competition for feature length films:
Films produced between 1st Januray 2017 and 30th November 2018 and of feature length duration will be considered for competition. The Festival absolves itself of any liability in case of dispute regarding the completion date of the entry.
- Crystal Elephant Award for the Best Film- Award carries a memento and a certificate.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Each participant is obliged and guarantees to submit only such films for which he/she has the intellectual property rights. No third-party rights whatsoever may be violated.
The participant is solely responsible if he or she violates potential copyrights or other rights of third parties (e.g., music, film clips from other film productions …). The RINFF is expressly entitled to use material from the films submitted for advertising the festival.
- Last Date for submitting the Completed Entry form online is 31st December 2018.
- Entrants are requested to send film for selection in one of the following formats: Online Screener/Downloadable link/DVD
- Preview material will not be returned unless specifically requested by the applicant. The cost for the same shall be borne by the applicant.
- The preview parcel must state clearly: NO COMMERICAL VALUE. FOR FESTIVAL PREVIEW ONLY. The festival will not cover any expense regarding this matter.
- Preview material must be labeled with title, running time and contact information.
- Films must be available for festival screening on the following formats: High Quality Hard Disk, High resolution downloadable link or Blu ray.
- On intimation of selection projection masters must be available at the festival office by 31st December, 2018.
Incase an Online Preview Screener is not provided along with the entry form, you are request to send the preview DVD to the below mentioned address:
Rain International Nature Film Festival